Welcome to the Kindergarten Page
Below you will find information about our program. To find out more about our Kindergarten teacher, click here.
- Provides opportunity for early Christian education
- Develops skills and learning through a Christian environment under the guidance of a trained Christian teacher
- Aids in applying life situations in terms of God's Word and will
- Assists further in the gradual adjustment from home to school life
- Establishes a foundation and attitudes for future school years
- Teaches the child to cope with life situations at his/her own level of maturity
- Enhances creative abilities through materials, opportunities, and experiences
- Broadens the child's interest and opens doors of learning
- Personality: The child will develop appropriate self-esteem, express feelings and emotions, and become an increasingly self-sufficient person.
- Social: The child will strive to be considerate of others and develop positive, effective means of interacting with others.
- Motivation: The child will develop a favorable attitude toward school with a variety of interests and begin to set standards for himself/herself.
- Aesthetics: The child will express satisfaction and pride in imaginative and creative activities.
- Body Awareness: The child will develop an appreciation for the functions of the body and participate in activities to help coordinate and control body movement.
- Cognitive Development: Through the use of the senses, the child will become adept in the areas of psychomotor skills, classification and ordering, attention span, creativity, memory and symbol representation.
- Language: The child will develop oral language skills to aid in better communication and expression.
- Science: The child will observe and explore God's world and begin the process of inquiry.
- Mathematics: The child will develop a mathematical vocabulary, recognize numerals and shapes, understand number concepts, comprehend equality and inequality, and show interest in problem solving.
- Music: The child will learn to identify sounds and enjoy singing a variety of simple songs.
- Religion: The child will grow in relationship to God, the Bible, the Church, and the Christian community, feeling secure that Jesus is our personal Savior and friend, and striving to lead a life which glorifies Him.
To find out more about reading readiness for Kindergarten, click here.
Kindergarten is a place where we grow and learn. In a Law and Gospel approach, we discuss how God would have us treat others and work toward empathy, while also offering forgiveness to those in need. Our classroom rules:
- We are kind, courteous, and respectful to each other
- We keep our hands and our feet to ourselves
- We listen carefully to our teacher and each other
- We work carefully and neatly to the best of our ability
- We follow directions
- We walk quietly in the hallway